Wednesday, 24 September 2014

time for DAYTON

We are now sitting in an airport lounge waiting to fly to Dayton, Ohio. Chicago was great. Here is some of the stuff we did:

We went past Obama`s house. It was covered up by trees and had a security van outside with the secret service in there, Obama's from Chicago.

We went to a big house designed by Frank Lloyd-Wright. It was boring but my parents loved it.

We went to the science and industry museum. We saw a big sign saying MSI that looked like the tradis. We made tornadoes and Elliot got sucked away by one (not).  They are made by hot and cold air spinning together, the wind has to be at least 100km per hr before they form. We watched the D-day film with Hitler, it was about world war 2. The theatre that we saw it in was curved and had 65 loud speakers around us, that were built in to the cinema. The cinema was 5 storey high. We also saw a submarine that had been captured from the Germans and it's the only German submarine in the US.
We compared smoker lungs with non-smoker lungs. We saw lots of bits of the human body.

2 days ago we went out for pizza, I ordered some lemonade, I went back to the table and the lemonade arrived, I drank all of it, and then a woman came and gave me another full glass of lemonade for free! So I drank that one up too, the woman came back and gave me another glass of lenmonade for free! This happened quite a few times, EPIC! I got pizza pie, it's a pizza in the form of a pie, it was pepperoni flavoured.

We went for a boat ride down the Chicago river, this come from the Lake Michigan. It's one of the great lakes, the water is getting cleaner. We saw Trump Tower. I liked the trip.

That is all for now!

I got a club sandwich this is what it looked like:



9 comments:

  1. Great photos and a great trip. Loving the updates!
    Grandma wants you to know that she's been enjoying them also, wrote a long reply, but she couldn't publish it.

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears that your grandmother isn't the only challenged one. It may well be, Jack, that you and I are the only cool ones in the family - Aunty Pip asked that I post this:

    Hey Jack,
    It is great to see your news and the interesting places you have been to… I think I agree with you that looking at some old house would be BORING!!
    Just as well Elliot didn’t get sucked up by a tornado because he might have ended up in the Emerald City.
    We are very impressed that you know how to blog… we don’t! And we can’t manage to post a reply, so we really hope that your folks are clearing their e-mails sometimes and that you will get this mssg!
    Aren’t smokers’ lungs DISGUSTING????!!!!! I remember seeing them when I was about 11 and deciding right then that I would never smoke… I hope that you have also decided that!
    We are all so pleased to see your photos. It looks like you are having a very exciting time.
    We think that you are much better at keeping us up to date than your parents are! Keep up the good work and keep the messages and pics coming.
    Love to you all from all of us
    Auntie Pip xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jackie! Just to be clear, your Uncle Simon is not the only cool one, your cousin Liv knows how to blog too! This is so cool that we can follow your adventures - looking like so much fun! I will be even more jealous when you get to New York!

    Looking forward to hearing lots about it. Alec says hi too!
    Lots of love to everyone, Liv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're developing a cult following Jack - of cool people. Keep up with the updates...epic!

    Sir Uncle Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmm.........

      I used g+

      How do you

      ummmmm.........

      blogger account

      Delete
  5. Wait.... I wasn't here yet. Are the people cooler now?

    Meg is wondering if Scott has been abducted (and anally probed) by aliens as he is absent from photographs (do we call them photographs now they are digital?).

    To update you on the big news here: It's daylight saving time here, as of this morning! I know this news will reach you as a large and pleasant surprise, because it means that Dunedin is warm. All of a sudden.

    Regardless, I see you are enjoying your architecture. Keep up the curiosity

    Marcus, Meg, Harris, Vex, and the chickens (whom shall remain nameless)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad has not been abducted and we do still call it photographs and it is fall here
      Bye

      From jack

      Delete
    2. Sorry another quick reply Dad is hiding from the camera replace that is with a was.

      Delete